Monday, February 18, 2013

Introduction to my Beetle

Hello. As a first post I will introduce you to my 1967 Beetle. I purchased this car on September 18th 2010 and it has been a very fun adventure to drive and repair and modify. I've learned a lot about cars from working on it. I have my friends to thank for helping me work on it and teaching me how stuff works on it. Some things I've done to it so far are put a new hand painted 1835cc motor in it with a few modifications like an electric fuel pump, an oil filter, dual Kadron carburetors, and the cylinders have been bored and polished. I've rewired the entire car from front to back with a new modern style wiring harness with a modern fuse box that is now under the back seat instead of the fuses being under the dash near the steering wheel. During the rewiring I installed a car alarm and power door locks. I've also installed a color changing LED lighting kit underneath the car as well as a LED dome light strip and a LED glovebox light. My headlights also have blue LED rings around them that makes it look like the beetle has eyes. If you haven't already noticed, I like to make things light up blue. My window tint is also blue. Most recently I've got the doors reupholstered and I changed out the front suspension to a selective drop suspension so I can raise and lower it. As of right now the stereo is half done, meaning I installed the Kenwood KIV-BT901 head unit and alpine front speakers. I am going to put 2 10" MTX subwoofers in the back area behind the seat hidden under a fiberglass panel with 2 alpine 6x9 speakers and tweeters in the shelf. I hope you all enjoy seeing what I've done to this car and I hope I can inspire some people to do the same. It's been a very fun car to drive and work on and I encourage anyone that wants to learn more about how cars work and wants to see some interesting German engineering to buy a Volkswagen. One of the best things about working on these cars as a first car is that if you mess up a repair and break something it usually not an expensive loss if you have to redo your work. Just remember to look behind things before you start drilling into them. This concludes my first post to this blog and I hope it will be helpful and enjoyable to you Volkswagen owners and fans out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment